Wednesday, 3 August 2011
Monday, 1 August 2011
Here's a little background information: I started my blog with the name 'Makeshake' over 2 years ago (although I didn;t post anything for an age...) However, I since have grown in my appreciation for fashion and I would love to change my blog to a much trendier, fashionable version of itself- starting with the name.
I would really love it if you guys could help me find a new name, I have a few ideas but please feel free to contribute your own:
1) 'Le Freak'
This idea came from my favourite 70s song 'Le Freak'. I love the fact that it has become a common fashion catchphrase and I am already envisioning how I am going to place the 'C'est chic' in the header.
2) 'Impure Couture'
I was playing around with a few words and it just sprang to mind and although it seems a bit bizarre, for some reason I really love this name.
3) 'Vogue Calling...'
Somehow seems very mysterious and vague....
Those are just random ideas I came up with but please help me out girls :)
Sunday, 10 July 2011
Thursday, 30 June 2011
Hi everyone, now that my exams are officially over I assure you that I will be back to full scale blogging.
So this Saturday is my birthday and I used the event as an excuse to treat myself with the iPad 2 as a birthday gift to myself (as you do) and here is my first official post from my iPad!
Hopefully soon enough I will get the hang of it and resume my usual photo heavy blogposts but this is just a little update to let you guys know I am still alive :)
Love you all
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
Monday, 30 May 2011
Thursday, 19 May 2011
Saturday, 14 May 2011
Thursday, 12 May 2011
Monday, 11 April 2011
Wednesday, 6 April 2011
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
- Recently I have been doing SO much research into what really is the best and most cost effective way to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
- Firstly and most importantly is to use a daily sunscreen to prevent any spots getting darker and any new ones from forming.
- I am still searching for the perfect under-makeup suncream and have been looking at brands like: La Roche Posay and Peter Thomas Roth
- Secondly, exfoliation is key. Physical exfoliants such as scrubs are not particularly effective when dealing with hyperpigmentation and I strongly recommend a chemical exfoliant such as Glycolic acid (AHA) or BHAs.
- Currently I am using Paula's Choice Exfoliating 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid Gel
- Next and this is optional, but if you have slightly darker skin like my Meditteranean skin, you will want to use a skin lightener cream just on those stubborn spots
- Ingredients to look for in a skin lightener cream are: Alpha Arbutin- a natural and proven skin lightener, Kojic Acid- careful if you have sensitive skin though and several antioxidants
- Another ingredient that I recomment would be Hydroquinone. Now I know that Hydroquinone has been linked to cancer howver, all researched and reputable dermatologists will tell you that that is completely unjust. There is no medical evidence to say that Hydroquinone leads to cancer. But of course, if you are wary, do not use it.
- Finally, the golden product that I hope will help me is TCA acid peels. I use a home kit that i purchased of MakeupArtistsChoice.com which is a well known brand for home peels. This peel in a salon can go up to £500 a pop but they are very well known to get rid of hyperpigmentation.
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Sunday, 13 March 2011
Okay, so busy London Life means, at least for me, little to no time for touch ups and mega long lasting foundation:
Saturday, 29 January 2011
- Commit to every project I take on (including blogging)
- Don't do things at last minute
- Help my parents out ALOT more
- Believe in myself and my ambitions (crucial time for such)
- Cut back on shopping
- And the most important is to fulfil this quote: 'Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes' by one wise man named Gandhi